About the Company
Endeavor Energy Holdings LLC, a US-headquartered private power company, develops, acquires, finances, constructs, and operates thermal, hydroelectric, biomass and waste-to-energy power generation projects. Its focus is exclusively on Africa, which represents 15% of the world population, yet consumes less than 5% of global electricity produced. Founded in 2013, Endeavor is led by a group of industry professionals with over 100 years of experience developing, financing, constructing and operating power generation and natural gas infrastructure valued at over $15 billion in emerging markets. Endeavor’s management team has developed natural gas, biomass, wind, solar and coal power projects and has been involved in the completion of more than 25 power projects in 16 countries with a capital investment in excess of $3.3 billion.
Endeavor Energy has catalyzed more than $1.3 billion of investment, nearly 700MW in three power generation projects under construction and has another $4.4 billion of power generation projects under development. Endeavor has extensive experience developing integrated fuel-to-power projects in Africa, including LNG-to-power projects, and is currently constructing what will be the largest LPG-to-power project in the world. Endeavor Energy is headquartered in Houston, Texas, and has offices in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire, Accra, Ghana, Conakry, Guinea, and Dubai, UAE.
The Manager of Projects ensures that the scope of work for the various phases of the project is adequately defined and that the Contractors, at all phases of project execution, deliver the project safely, scope on budget, on schedule and that the deliverables meet the quality standards set forth by the project company. The position is accountable for the functional direction, coordination and progress of EHS, engineering, construction and operations in the development and implementation of the Company’s projects.
The Manager of Projects is required to be proactive and a self-starter with the flexibility to travel and time commitment to meet the requirements of the position within the business.
- Oversees all technical and execution functions to ensure the timely commencement and execution of work for all of the company’s initiatives, the EPC, projects and all departments within the organization
- Actively engages in relationship management to ensure efficient performance of all the positions’ functional activities
- Displays strong leadership and management skills combined with financial and business acumen to lead the functional and executive team through company transformation with a focus on productivity, quality, EHS and ESG
- Defines and implements processes across various operational functions
- Ensures that the company's systems and operational infrastructure can support outstanding execution of current and proposed projects
- Manages the review and compliance associated with technical and execution processes and procedures that are implemented on all current projects and proposed activity within the company
- Works with the executive team to provide key technical guidance and tools that enable improvement of operational procedures necessary for efficient management of the existing operational personnel & infrastructure
- Develops consistency of technical and functional execution across all projects in support of creating greater organizational efficiency
- Provides technical and execution financial analysis relating to operational performance and growth opportunities
- Develops document procedure manuals for all key functional technical and execution processes, including process/data flow charts and performance management tools, within and across projects and operations functions
- Provides reporting/analysis, including business intelligence for internal (management) requirements
- Ensures prioritization of functions, with financial analysis of project indices
- Possesses strong technical, financial and analytic skills to effectively manage the functions and provides cascade training through the organization
- Sets technical and project execution strategy to ensure enterprise execution effectiveness
- Displays excellent communication and leadership skills
- Manages the technical and execution review of upcoming project developments and determining the company’s readiness in pursuing projects
- Reviews and audit the execution, pricing and schedule within all projects that are developed within the company
- Expands functional support as needed to support the growth of project backlog, e.g. scheduler, EHS, quality, quantity & production specialist
- Ensures leadership in issue resolution and problem solving across technical and project execution matrix and support functions
- Participates in the development & implementation of training programs for staff including following best practices, procedures and processes as necessary associated with project execution
- Supports all human resources elements associated with project execution organizations, including mentoring, performance reviews, salary and incentive planning, training and development, recruiting, assignment and succession planning, etc.
- Monitors the deployment of resources to the project(s) in support of maximum performance and replaces employees that do not support the projects’ performance requirements.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil engineering or related field
- 10+ years Project Manager, Engineering Manager and/or Construction Manager on an EPC Project for a contractor on at least two gas and/or fuel oil Power Projects, with solar, wind and hydro power project experience a plus
- Recognized EHS certification
- Site Manager on an EPC Project for an owner on at least two gas and/or fuel oil Power Projects
- On-site EPC project experience in a developing country, preferably one in Africa
- Greenfield and brownfield development experience on a project in a developing country, preferably one in Africa
- Operations and Maintenance experience on a project in a developing country, preferably one in Africa
Familiarity/experience with technical, project execution and commercial negotiations with EPC contractors, major suppliers, operators, OEMs, and consultants
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement EHS and ESG programs on projects and within the company
- C-level or Board level experience and track record
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word. Financial modeling skills are a plus
Detailed understanding of projects’ reporting tools and project financials
Ability to advise on the business/commercial aspects of the project considering the company’s goals and strategy
- Strong relationship, written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment with individuals at all levels of the Company
- Ability to work under multiple deadline pressures and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment required
- Ability to work with Project teams and company, Holding company employees and others outside the Company
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
The successful candidate will also have previous direct experience in:
- Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS)
- Budget/Baselines preparations and scheduling
- International Finance Corporation (IFC) Guidelines
- Communications with stakeholders (internal and external) and World Bank Equator Principles (EP)
- Environmental and Social Governance (ESG)
- Strong relationships with Key Industry players
- Management and selection of Consultants and Company leadership
- Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) Management
- Negotiations and management of key agreements including
- EPC Agreements
- Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Agreements
- Contractual Service Agreements (CSA) / Long Term Service Agreements (LTSA)
- Owners Engineer services agreements
- Liaison with Company legal counsel in connection with negotiation and drafting of agreements, administration/interpretation of contracts, non-disclosure, claims, approvals and other legal issues
- Development Engineering expertise for an aray of power projects and related infrastructure including but not limited to gas-fired, solar, wind, hydro and HFO power generation projects
Additional knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated expertise in EPC project delivery
- Skilled in the development and management of Lump Sum contracts
- Highly organized and motivated self-starter
- Resourceful ability to seek out information and subject matter experts to complete program
- Delivery of milestones according to schedule
- Excellent influencing and facilitation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Prior experience handling multiple facets of an end to end business: financial management, governance, operations and technology management and strategy.
Overall, this position requires an individual who is highly self-motivated, driven, and disciplined with a high degree of direct technical engineering, construction, finance, operations and maintenance experience and an understanding of the energy industry in Africa, who can handle multiple pressures in a fast-paced environment and who embraces best in practice standards and team approach to achieving and surpassing Company objectives.